Monday, April 5, 2010

Empty handed

Today, I got the news I was waiting for. Well, kind of. After three interviews with a great company, I got mail. The e-mail said, "you have not been selected." This was the second job that I had been interviewed for with the same results. I called my husband, "I have bad news."
After telling him about the e-mail, my eyes swelling with tears, he said, "What bad news?"

We decided after the interviews that it was in God's hands. I knew I probably wouldn't like either job, but I was eager to contribute. Instead, I am left empty handed.

A few hours later, I dutifully went to my dentist's appointment even with a raging head cold. I sat in the waiting room for an hour. This is unheard of at my dentist, so forgiveness was in order no matter how bad my day was. He visually inspected my teeth and after weeks of jaw and tooth pain I was sent away. He said that the top on one side was too high, but the teeth would fall.

Left empty handed again.

As I pulled out of the dentist's office into the sweet spring air, I thought about this state of having nothing in my hands. There are plenty of times in my life when I would fill those empty hands with delicious things that would make me feel better: cookies, coffee, pretty much anything carbolicious. But this time I wouldn't do that. I'd let God fill my hands.

Like my husband said, "What bad news?" I'm a good enough job candidate to be called more than once in a month. My teeth are strangely going to be okay and my hands are completely empty

so that God can fill them with what HE wants!

That's a good place to be!

1 Thessalonians 5:18
give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment