Monday, April 5, 2010

Hard work pays off

It's been an amazing day. I got so much done. From homework, to yardwork, to cooking like a chef, I did it all. I love days like these. My favorite thing is the payoff that comes with hard work. We've been putting in a new patio and it's been a LOT of work and a huge mess. Steve had three different people quote a price to haul it all off and all of them were in the three hundred dollar range. Then, one perfectly honest guy gave us some good advice: do it yourself. Not what we were expecting after all the doing it ourselves we already did. Today, we got back in there and started just that. It was a lot of work, but so beautiful within only a couple of hours. I carried three trees today and moved them! Okay, pine trees are not that heavy, but it felt so good looking at the empty spaces where piles of debris once sat. This is my devotion for today: hard work pays off. I've been working out since I had Anthony and little by little the weight is coming off, and I'm glad, but the important thing to remember when the going is slow is that it Will pay off in the end.

One more thing. I have such a good family. After working in the yard, I took a hot bubble bath. I ran the jets for a few minutes to make the bubbles three feet tall and then came my favorite. Maddy likes me to poke my feet out one at a time and she scrubs them and rubs them. She's such a sweet heart. We played scrabble after dinner while Steve played with Anthony.

Such a good day!

Proverbs 28:19 (New International Version)

19 He who works his land will have abundant food,
but the one who chases fantasies will have his fill of poverty.

No comments:

Post a Comment