Monday, April 5, 2010

Nerve Attack

I've been in school for six years. SIX years. I am completing a 30 page research paper to finish the whole thing with a bang. Now, I spent hours today making the final touches when.........the screen went black.

The culprit?

My six month old son found the computer cord I dutifully hid in the crevace between the couch and the table and managed to disconnect it. The black screen was followed by shouts of "NO, NO" and it was not in disbelief, but in total delusion that a six month old should know what the heck I am saying.

His big brown eyes blinked at me and filled with tears. I held him tight knowing fully that I was sending a drastically mixed message. I placed his busy butt in the swing and plugged in the computer. It would be an eternity before I found out if it was "autosaved".

In the kitchen I slammed around pans, mentally cursing my husband for cooking dinner yesterday while I felt sick. Why did he do that? He only made more work for me!

Sound familiar? I love my hubby and I was incredibly grateful that he made dinner, but at the moment, I was in the middle of a temper tantrum, and yes, I grabbed a handful of ______ to calm myself down.

cereal.

I'm a total carbaholic, but somehow it seemed better than spooning one heap after another of peanut butter down my mouth or finding any number of ways to eat bread. (Which some of you know I am not supposed to eat at all because I have Celiac Sprue)

Cereal.

I didn't do what I should have, wait and hope for the best. I pray that God will help me to be calm and stop going to the cupboard for a little help from my friends.

P.S. Although I started my day by putting on a sports bra and bringing socks downstairs so I could put on my workout shoes and get hopping, in light of my responsibilities for the day, I thought it better to wait. For that reason, I will now attempt to squeeze an hour magically into my day.

God Bless You, Love You!!!!

Psalm 85:8
I will listen to what God the LORD will say; he promises peace to his people, his saints— but let them not return to folly.

No comments:

Post a Comment