Monday, April 5, 2010

Reinventing the wheel

Last Sunday at church, I was talking to a complete stranger about an idea I had. Weird, I know, but it was meant to be. While we were talking, he made the statement, "You don't want to get into reinventing the wheel." To be totally honest, it's one of those adages I never understood. Okay, I personally think everyone has a few of those, but I'm here to admit it. For years, I didn't understand what hanging someone out to dry meant until the invention of the internet. But that's not the point.

We were talking about using something already there to make something new. Basically, life is about reinventing the wheel. I sat in complete awe this afternoon of my husband. He got an idea a few weeks ago to take out the existing brick patio and build a new one. That was a workout in itself. But tonight, as I sat on the new patio holding my son drenched in the evening rays of light (thanks to daylight savings, hrmph), I watched him plaster stucco on one of two brick pillars he made out of the brick that used to be the patio.

Amazed. My husband took what looked old and disgusting and broken and made it into something beautiful. Sometimes as I struggle to lose weight for good, not for a few months, I think that maybe I can't do it. I think look at this belly, covered in pink roads. Look at this stretched out poofy body. Can it ever be small? Can it pop a muscle?

I choose to believe that yes, I can do it. If my husband can use a bunch of old moldy (moss, I know, whatever) bricks to build a beatiful stone pillar for a lamp post, I can remodel this big bag of delicious into a small sillhouette of lovely.


God Bless You and I love you!


2 Corinthians 5:7
We live by faith, not by sight.

P.S. Today is weigh-in day. And I lost 3.8lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment