Monday, April 5, 2010

Fat is a family affair

So yesterday we went to my Grandma's house for dinner. I did not do so bad until Steve pushed cake on me like the bully drug pushers in an after school special. Dang, I forgot to "Just Say NO". At least when I was just about to lift out a second piece, he caught my eye and shook his head and I backed away ... from ... the cake!

It's hard to eat healthier when you've grown up in a food addicted family in a food addicted world. Even today, I watched Steve popping handfuls of m & m's and he seriously offered me some. What is that? Then when we got home, he wanted to cook some Mandassi, basically African fried donuts. I gave him the "dissappear, please" look and he said to Anthony (the baby), "I think Mommy thinks I am trying to make her eat bad foods."

Hmmm. Was that your concience talking maybe?

I just want to scream! How do we turn this ship around? I think the real key is learning new recipes and new ways of eating. The other day I was at the store and wanted chocolate really bad but I took control and bought a yogurt. Somehow Those choices have to become habits.

BTW am I the only one who has dreams about cakes when they have not eaten any in a long time?

Matthew 26:41
"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

No comments:

Post a Comment